4.07.2009

Guest post from Emily @ OnceWed

I am so excited about finally meeting everyone in person at the end of the month and learning more about blogging in general. Vane has been kind enough to let me talk a little about online advertising and monetizing your blog. I am by no means an expert, but my husband has worked in the online advertising world for close to a decade and I've been fortunate enough to learn a lot about the industry through him. I was planning on covering just the basics and send everyone home with a little guide. Below are some of the topics I was planning to cover and discuss. I would love input or suggestions on the items below and if I missed out on any topics you might be interested in learning more about. Thanks, ladies!

-Intro(CPM vs. CPC vs. CPA)
- Monetizing Your Blog
-direct sales/independent ads
-google ad sense
-ad networks - requirements, recommendations,etc
-paids posts, text links,etc
-pros/cons of all of the above
-Building a media kit
-Future and current climate of online advertising

1 comment:

  1. Emily- This sounds great! I'm very interested in all these topics, so I'm happy you will be discussing them. I've been trying to decide if I should join an ad network and what the pros/cons are, so interested to hear about that - and building a media kit. So happy you are talking about these things! Can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete