5.25.2009

Topic for discussion

One topic we spoke about at the conference was the idea of advertising, and specifically, sponsored posts. I don't think we ever came to a consensus about it, but I found this article and thought it might be interesting to reopen the topic here. Feel free to comment below with your thoughts.

This is Not A Sponsored Post: Paid Conversations, Credibility, and the FDC by Brian Solis.



6 comments:

  1. I think it's up to the blogger. I would only value an endorsement from someone who I trusted and knew wasn't in it for the money. I'm personally not going to endorse a product that I'm not interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your site. Thank you.
    http://prettybeautifulblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think its a bad idea, especiallyy if you specify that its a sponsored post. Readers can always choose to ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may be late to the game, but I am so excited to know about this site - what a resource!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/14/2009

    Magazines have been doing this for years, but they call sponsored posts 'advertorials' or 'brought to you by' pages.

    I think it's fine to include sponsored posts, SO LONG AS you label them as such, and take the time to be upfront with your readers about the introduction of sponsored posts.

    There's a big difference between a sponsored post such as "XYZ cakes has 15 flavors" and "I love XYZs 15 cake flavors" (when, in reality you actually don't love them).

    By reporting the post as FACT over OPINION, you're not doing any thing too different from having banner ads on your site.

    Honesty will always keep your readers happy, and at the end of the day, they have the power to ignore that post if they wish.

    Bridal Magazine Editor
    weddings-ideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blog, just found it and looking forward to checking out the new one now.
    From jewellers

    ReplyDelete